Friday, July 24, 2009

Beniah Updates

Sorry, we don't have any pictures to go with this (see previous post), but hopefully we will have that remedied within the next week or so. My words will just have to paint the picture for you. Ha! Anyways, Beniah is quite the good little baby. He has been sleeping through the night since probably the last week in June. He goes down around 9 pm and doesn't get up until around 7 am. Wow is right! And yes, we do realize that we are extremely blessed in the sleep area. When he wakes up in the morning he doesn't even make a peep. He just lays there, looking around, just waiting for someone to come get him. He is such a happy baby in the morning. He just smiles and laughs when you go in to get him. It cracks me up.
His development advances so fast! One day he just starts doing something new and Jeff and I ask each other, "have you seen him do that before?" Usually the answer is no. The other day, he started grabbing toys and I even saw him grab his toes. It's like his brain and body are developing at light speed. Speaking of his body, he is still growing rather fast. Jeff and I are going to have to take some measurements on his 3 month mark because he can't be anywhere near his 2 month mark. He is now in 6-9 month clothes (and some of the 6 month ones are getting a wee too tight). I might just start washing the 9 month ones that we have for summer. We also may need to sort through and add to the exchange pile. We seem to have a lot of fall/winter clothes in 9 months. Who knew that Ben would be "big Ben"? If anyone has a "for sure" calculating system for predicting how big kids will be in at different points in the future, I will pay good money for it...seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing I went with 12 mo for winter! can't wait to see you guys!

Monica B said...

I've probably got some nine month summer clothes that might not be too girly! Of course, we would have to see you for them to be useful. . .

Emily said...

I am with you on the calculating clothing sizes! I am still unsure with Ella for winter clothes, she changes all the time! So, good luck and try not to sweat it too much. :)

Can't wait to see pics of him, I bet he is changing so fast!