Sunday, March 28, 2010

Practical, If Nothing Else

Last night, I had the opportunity to be creative with no distractions. (Thanks for hosting, Liz!) Out of probably 50 projects I currently would like to complete, I chose the most practical and useful one. Also, I might add the most "earth-friendly". I recently acquired a Swiffer WetJet when a sale and a coupon coincided a couple of weeks ago. The problem with these kind of contraptions are the way the companies try to keep you buying refills and new "throw-away" pads. I thought that there must be a better way out there since I had seen several tutorials on regular homemade/washable Swiffer pads. So, I put my thinking cap on and came up with an idea which I then ran by my friend Kristen last night. With a few alterations because of the placement of the squirter holes, I think we made a pretty good prototype which we then copied a couple more times. I had some towel scraps from this project and some white flannel type fabric that had one fuzzy side. I used it this morning and it worked perfectly. We'll see how it washes and holds up over time but I'm pretty satisfied with this cheap and green project.







2 comments:

Emily said...

you'll definitely have to let us know how they work and hold up, cause I have the same problem!

Monica B said...

Me too! If they work well, keep these in mind for my birthday!