Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting In Gear

So this week, I plan on cranking out handmade gifts like my life depended on it. I completed one and a half projects tonight. Well...kind of. One project was more of a test run and now I have to figure out what I need to do to make it better. I won't say who the gifts are for but I wanted to go ahead and post them in case anyone needed a couple of good project ideas for gifts.

I really liked these towels from Pottery Barn Kids so I went searching online for a way to make my own. This kid's hooded towel was made from Skip To My Lou's tutorial. It was very easy to make and add a little personality to. I've seen a few patterns/tutorials on these and like this kind of full bath towel shape the best. I think that it will last longer for growing kids.

As you can see, one of my models was more than willing to pose for the camera, but since he was unable to er...stand on his own. I went with the vacuum for the full length shot.



I made my own binding with fabric specifically purchased for this project and I'm very happy with how both towels turned out. Hopefully their new owner will like them too!



Check back tomorrow and I will hopefully have another project completed! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those turned out great!