Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back In the Game!

Nope, this post is not about football, so if that is what you are interested in reading about, I'm sorry. You will have to wait for another post for that. What I am referring to is, me getting back in the groove. Last Sunday, I (with the help of my wonderful husband) set aside some time to be creative. I dusted the 'ol sewing machine off and set out to work on a new project. No, I didn't start with a small project, but took it upon myself to make a nap roll for B's new daycare class. I found a pretty simple tutorial here and went and picked out the cutest gender neutral fabric/colors that I could find at JoAnn's. Once B's head hit the pillow for his Sunday afternoon nap, I embarked on my new craft journey. I had only washed the fabric and had not made any cuts or anything at that point. But, I finished it....in about 5-6 hours. I did the final binding stitching with the machine just because it was faster but it doesn't look as good as if I would have hand-stiched it. Oh well, I got it done and it he gets to take a little bit of "Mommy Luv" to daycare with him every day.
Now onto some projects that have been waiting for me to complete since before the move....









No comments: