Monday, October 4, 2010

Movin' On Up!


Today, B transitioned to the young toddler room at daycare. This is a pretty big deal in my mind. In this room he no longer sleeps in a crib, but instead on a nap mat/cot on the floor. We were also told that they don't use lids on their cups in this room, so we should practice doing the same at home. Not sure if I'm totally comfortable with that yet... He also, will no longer take a morning nap at daycare. All of these new things on top of some of the new things he has been doing at home has my head spinning. He is growing up so fast.
Yesterday, he was giving us the "I'm concentrating really hard on something big going down in my pants right now" look. When I asked him about it. He pulled at his diaper and said "poopy". Jeff and I were just like, "Did he just tell us that he needed a diaper change?" I guess that is step one on the long road to potty training.
He is getting a little frustrated with his inability to effectively communicate with us but does know some signs and uses them correctly. I have a feeling that we are on the brink of a language explosion though.

No comments: