Thursday, November 19, 2009

Egad!

Today, I saw part of my future pass before my eyes. I took B to his first open flu clinic. I went at the beginning since I thought that we would get in quick and there wouldn't be a line. There was a line but it went pretty quick since there were around 6-7 nurses giving shots. Since I had a little time, I took in my surroundings and observed the lil'uns filing through the line with their parents. You could tell that the older ones were acting brave but were pretty quite because they knew what was coming. The younger ones were either super nervous or oblivious to where they were. A couple had lovies gripped tightly in their arms, comforting them. As the line through the hallway made its way closer to the area where the shots were given, I could hear kids screaming their lungs out. It sounded like some medieval torture chamber. (Maybe that is a bit dramatic...)
Anyways, as I came to the doorway I noticed a bunch of rope sitting in a tub on the floor. I jokingly said something about tying kids up to the mom behind me. As I got closer to the shot area I got a good view of parents holding their crying and squirming kids down for the shots. I thought to myself that would be me in a couple of years. I hated to see those kids so scared and frantic. I don't know if I will be able to take it when it is B's turn. For now though, he takes those shots like a champ. He doesn't even make a sound. In the future we may not be hitting up those clinics though.

No comments: