Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Awwwww....Nuts!

My last cookie of the week for October is a store-bought favorite of Jeff and mine, the white chocolate macadamia nut. You may recognize it as the Sausalito by Pepperidge Farm. I used Aunt Betty's recipe and melted and cooled the butter (like I learned last week). These made a nice and soft cookie but did not match up with the Sausalito. I guess I will continue on my search for a better recipe...



Ingredients

1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c butter softened
1/2 c shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
Beat all above ingredients on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon.
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Stir in above ingredients (dough will be stiff).
1 pkg (6 oz) white baking bars, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch chunks
1 jar (3.5 oz) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Stir in above ingredients.

Heat oven to 350.
Drop dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls about 2 in apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 min or until light brown. Cool 1-2 min; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

No comments: