Thursday, October 22, 2009

Delayed Cookie Post

I bet some of you thought that it couldn't be done and that I finally succombed to the "busyness" and couldn't follow through on my one new cookie a week pledge. Well...I'm here to say nope! You're wrong...at least partially. I had every intention of making a new cookie but then I realized I didn't have enough of one of my ingredients and didn't want to go to the store so then I settled on a different new cookie that I had all of the ingredients for. But...then I realized, when it was time to make the cookies, that what I thought was a cookie press was just a decorating tool and only a decorating tool. Aghhhh, foiled again! So then I figured, time was of the essence so I would settle on making the foundation all cookies are built on, the chocolate chip cookie. But, at least I tried it a new way. I used the recipe for big and chewy chocolate chip cookies out of The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook which calls for melted and then cooled butter instead of softened. This led to the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It was crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. I was impressed. There were some other little tricks and tidbits that they added in there that also added to its yummyness, like adding two egg yolks and removing the cookies from the oven before they look comletely baked and letting them finish baking on the hot baking sheets for 10 minutes.

No comments: