Thursday, October 1, 2009

Giddy-Up!

To kick things off for National Cookie Month I went with Cowgirl Cookies from Bakerella. I have made this recipe two different ways in the past couple of weeks. The first time I added the ingredients in the order that you would normally mix up your cookie dough: sugar, butter, egg, etc. The second time I followed the recipe by mixing the dry ingredients and then adding the wet. There was definitely a difference with the final product. My taste tester and I both preferred the first version of the cookies that didn't follow the directions on the recipe. They had a lot better texture and stayed that way. The second batch was crunchier and didn't mix up as well.
I did like using the pink M&Ms to make them cowgirlish and since it is October, which is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month, there are plenty to be found in the stores. This recipe was also adapted to be made into cookie mix gift jars. So check out the site to create a nice little treat for all of your cowgirl friends.

No comments: