Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sandwich Cookies

Since I started this month-long cookie celebration, I've been trying to think of types of cookies that I have never made before. You know, to expand my cookie horizons. I've looked through cook books, cruised the Internet, asked random people, etc. I hadn't realized that I've made as many different kinds of cookies as I have. So that makes this more of a challenge. Which I like. This week I went with a simple sandwich cookie. I don't know if you would really call it a type of cookie or more of a cookie technique. I used this recipe off of Bakerella. Her recipe called for Red Velvet Cake mix but said that any cake mix would do. So I went for an Oreo Cakester look and used a box of Devil's Food cake mix. I was debating on using a carrot cake mix because of the cream cheese in the frosting. I just think that those are a great combination. Also, I used my PC cookie scoop and got more cookies than the recipe said I would and I used the same scoop (1) for the filling. I found that this makes way more filling than there are cookies. You could problably half the filling for the number/size of cookies this makes. Here is the finished product.



Both my taste tester and I really like these and they were super easy to make. But, they are rich so have a glass of milk and pace yourself. One is definitely enough.

Enjoy!

No comments: