Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Evidence Living in the "Hood" Has Changed Me

I have noticed some small and some large changes in myself since becoming a parent, some 5 1/2 months ago. Maybe you can relate...

These really aren't in any order even though they are numbered.

1) I go to work with deep (and I mean deep) bed sheet wrinkles on half my face and it doesn't really faze me...and yes some of my coworkers noticed them and pointed them out to me.

2) I will never get to sleep in again...ever. (Sigh)

3) I am so entertained by someone who can't even talk or crack a joke.

4) I do silly things just to make someone laugh...oh wait, that hasn't changed.

5) I sing, even where people can hear me, and I don't care. If you know me, you know I can't sing and only do in it in church.

6) I leave the house and don't even match or make much sense in what I wear. But, I do try to not smell like sour milk.

7) My heart has never been so full.

8) I no longer have free time...where did it all go? Ahhhh nursing....maybe one day it will return.

9) My backup career of swimsuit model is out the window. Maybe they need swimsuit cover-up models?

10) I appreciate my parents and Jeff's parents way more since we are now going through what they went through with us (multiplied several times for both sets).

2 comments:

Monica B said...

I echo #2's sigh!

Liz said...

You are too cute :-)