Sunday, December 27, 2009

Final Christmas Projects Revealed!

I told you felt food can be addicting! After making these green eggs and ham ,I just had to make some more of this cute play food. I used this tutorial from Skip to my Lou and didn't really stray too far from her idea. But you could have tons of variations to the lunch sack theme.



One of the final gifts I made this year was the first bag that I ever made. I used this book (which I highly recommend to anyone - beginner or expert sewer) for the pattern and instructions. It took me a little while because I kept reading the directions over and over again because I would get interrupted and I didn't want to mess it up since I was only using one yard of fabric with little room for error. I think that it turned out pretty good. I chose a black heavy weight cotton for the outside and a black/white/lime flowery print for the inside. It also had a magnetic closure at the top. This wasn't a hard project, just a time-consuming one for a beginner like myself. Also, I thought the bag would turn out a little larger than it did. That was a little disappointing. But overall, I really liked it and see myself making more in the future.

1 comment: