Sunday, December 13, 2009

Teaching Moment

We know that B is still too young to fully understand a lot of things but we also know that his mind is like a sponge right now. He is taking in so much information with all of his senses, sometimes it is hard to make sure that it is all positive.
Today, we got out a gift a couple of friends gave us for Christmas last year. This little Nativity is a great interactive tool to tell the story of Jesus' birth. It will be a tradition in our house to read it and open all of the boxes and set the Nativity up before Christmas.
This year, we had a little issue with B trying to eat the book and all of the pieces but I think that he thought that all parts of the scene were pretty cool.

3 comments:

Monica B said...

Ah, he looks like such a big boy in his little vest! I almost got O's nativity set you got her, but I looked on the back of the box and it said not for children under 3 yrs old. I didn't know if it was a one time use set with the little boxes that you opened so I decided to put it back till next year so I can make sure she gets it. Is it reusable?

pdisandro said...

Yeh, you can use every year. We just put B's together and set up on a table in his room. You just have to do it with them and put it away or out of their reach so they don't destroy/eat it when you aren't around. :-)

Emily said...

Love it! We've been enjoying that too this year! I love all your crafting too Patty, man I wish I had a spare second to do something like that! I know I will someday, just not for a little while yet.
Miss crafting you, miss creative!