Monday, December 21, 2009

Getting Closer! I Can Feel The Pressure!

My nephew loves Sponge Bob, so when I saw this fabric remnant in the clearance bin at Wal-Mart, I thought of him. I had bookmarked this tutorial a while back, wondering if it was really as easy as they said it was in the tutorial. Well folks, it was! It was probably the easiest project I completed all year. I had a couple of pillows/forms that someone had given me, so I just altered the dimensions to suit my pillow form and voila! It turned out great! I see some pretty cool pillows in B's room in the future...and maybe even some more interesting ones on our couch as well!




I also made this game called 5 Stones from a tutorial found here. The rules are a little more challenging but I thought it would be nice to have a harder game for the older kids and adults. I had never heard of the game before but it sounds kind of like jacks. Its a great project to use up your scraps. I actually used part of a green linen napkin that I picked up the same day that I bought my buttons for this project.



My final project for today was another tag-along prop kind of thing (yep, that is its official name) that goes with a book. Since my soon to be niece already has the book and loves it (so my lil bro says) I decided to make her "green eggs and ham"...well the ham is more like a ham steak. I'm just getting into making felt food (which is very addicting I might add) and the 3D food is a bit harder. But the ham steak didn't turn out too bad, right?

2 comments:

Monica B said...

Perfect timing! O wants a pillow (she's told us countless times by crunching up a blanket to put under her head). Since I've been unable to find little pillows, I may have to fill one myself but it does need to have a cute cover like this one!

Andy said...

Love it!. Linzy will def have fun with that. That I-Spy looks fun too, but I think Linzy will spend more time trying to open it then look for items in it. Kudos on the designs.