Thursday, December 10, 2009

For The Men In Your Lives

Well, at least for the little guys...but who knows, maybe you know a big guy who would like one of these. I made the following for our friends, Ordell and Beth's youngest son's birthday. He turns the big '3' on Saturday. He is really into toy trains and cars so when I saw this car cozie tutorial, I thought of his upcoming b'day. Hopefully, he will like it and it will be a great traveling companion for the whole family. I made two of these this week, one according to My Little Gems pattern with a ribbon tie and one with a velcro closure. After I made the ribbon one, I thought about the many times the little one would be asking mommy or daddy to tie the roll closed for them and that just might start getting old for mommy and daddy. So voila! Velcro to the rescue! It was a pretty easy tutorial and I thought that it turned out pretty good. B may be getting one of these babies next year! Here is another tutorial with a little variation on Homemade by Jill.



1 comment:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

The velcro idea is brilliant. I found your blog from your comment on my little gems. Alas, I finished three up for my little boys, but I might experiment with that for future one's that I make as gifts! (I just posted pictures of mine!)